Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why my interest in the Village History

There has been quite a few people pass the remark of why, when I live so far away from Cookham, that I have so much interest in the village and what goes on today. The answer is very simple: "How many people living in the village have proven family connection with Cookham that dates back to the late 1700's.
Here is a short transcript that has been sent to me:
'William b1807 and Ben b1824’s parents were:
William Hatch b1777 and Sarah (Mary) Chitts. This William b1777 was brother of your own James Hatch b1789 who married Elizabeth Parsons.'
So you can see why my keen interest in the village history and its people who as Rupert Brooke stated "Bore, Shaped and made Aware" the village of Cookham.
My many thanks to Pam Knight and others who have made my postings possible in this Blog.

No comments: