Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We are Five Years Old.

We are Five Years Old.
**********************
It is five years ago on the 1st of August that Historical Cookham was launched so that the more recent history of the past century could be preserved, covering the period from where Stephen Darby left off.
I also wish to say thank you, to those who have supplied me with information and photographs of past happenings in the village and some of its well-known characters who have added colour to the village. As our well known and most famous resident, Sir Stanley Spencer described it a little bit of heaven and worth preserving.
I am also still researching for stories and events from old residents who may like my-self find themselves living now in other parts of the world. The odd photo is always helpful, as a picture is worth a thousand words.
You may contact me either through the Cookham.com webmaster, or direct to toastmaster@islandnet.com


No comments: